Thank you for visiting and allowing me to share a few thoughts about homeschooling. These are not Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy. No, this is a place where I will share what the Lord has been teaching me as I attempt to train my children and bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4). This is, after all, the imperative of scripture to fathers.
While you probably will not find anything here as profound as Jack Handy, Lord willing, you will find Biblical exhortation and practical ideas that will help you as a homeschool dad. I plan to cover topics such as:
- Family worship – How do we do it well?
- Supporting your wife’s homeschooling work
- Prayer – How do you find time?
- Engaging the culture as a Christian family
- Ministry for ordinary dads and families
- Equipping your children to defend their faith
- What is a dad’s role in homeschooling?
- What resources are there for me as a homeschool dad?
Like my book, I will keep these posts short and sweet. In the multitude of words sin is not lacking (Proverbs 10:19 NKJV). We all need encouragement from time to time and this homeschool dad thing can be frustrating and hard. However, the Lord has called us to do this and He is faithful. I would love to hear from you that we may sharpen one another (Proverbs 27:17). Please leave a comment below or connect with me on social media.
The Lord has often done extraordinary things through ordinary people. He even works through us ordinary homeschool dads as we depend on His Word to guide us. The great thing is, God’s Word is truly profound. Jack Handy – he wasn’t.
Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.1 Corinthians 16:13 ESV